Monday, 23 July 2012

So Close

Getting very close to finishing all of the half cross stitch on my Sunlit Horses now. I've worked on this one twice since the last update but didn't get a lot done during the first week. I did manage to get a lot done last Monday when my Lord of the Rings game was down for maintenance. I think I'd get a lot more stitching done if I didn't have my game to distract me! Pleased to be nearly done with he stitching, less pleased with the prospect of all that back stitch...

I also manage to work some more on my Call of the Unicorn. Still enjoying this chart more than my Mystic Stitch as it has normal symbols. So far everything on this chart has been very pink and purple - very bright colours without the kind of shading you'd get from a HAED. I'm hoping the shading will get better as I get onto the center of the design.  

Thursday, 19 July 2012


Just a quick update for my July TUSAL. My honey jar is starting to look a little more full, think it will be a couple of years before the thing is full to the top tough as this is about 6 months worth of ends now and I haven't even started squishing them down yet! July's background: the landing banister - overlooking the cottage garden.

Monday, 16 July 2012

Another HAED

Time to introduce another HAED that I have been working on - QS Lavender Venice Night by Ching-Chou Kuik. I Started this one a while ago. I think I had done 3 weeks of work on it before I came back to it last week. Managed to get a lot of this one done as it stitches up really easily. Love the colours used in it, so pretty! Have included a before and after picture for this just to see how much progress I have actually made. Think this is now about 9% complete.

For my weekend project I was back to working on my Mystic Stitch Cats, Artwork by Jeff Spackman. Finally reached the bottom of the page on this one. Still finding the chart just made up of letters quite hard going. You have to be so careful to keep looking at it closely to not miss a stitch, hopefully it will get better once I move off the dark blues that are just randomly jumbled together and on to the bits that actually look like something!

Monday, 9 July 2012

Another (Tiny) Finish!

Yes, I have managed another finish! I went to London in the middle of last week to see Marilyn Manson play at the Brixton Academy. When I go away I take little mini projects with me to stitch on the train or in my hotel in the evening. The project for this trip was a little Heritage kit of a bay horse ( I think it's just called Bay Horse or Bay Pony). I managed to get most of it done while I was away so just finished the last few stitches and the back stitch once I got home so I have another finish to add to the pile.

I also worked some more on my Eternal Promise, but there is not a lot to show on it due to my being in London. I managed to get 400 or so stitches in while I was at home which hardly looks like anything. Over the weekend I put some more work into my Blue Moon SAL piece. I've now done 12 days on it and have somewhere over 1600 stitches, I'm not sure exactly how many as I only count completed 10x10 blocks. It doesn't sound a lot but it's over 7% complete.  I think I only have 3 HAED WIPs that have a higher % complete. These small charts really do make you feel like you're making progress!

Monday, 2 July 2012

A Finish!

Well it's only taken until July but I finally have my first finish of the year! My weekend project for this week was a banner from Dimensions  - Friends make life Purrfect, something I've been for at least a year and a half. Only had the back stitching to do this weekend - plus those dreaded french knots and a little bow. even managed to roughly finish it and attach it to the hanger that came with the kit.

Having completed my banner I worked on another UFO - Monty  from the Cats and Kittens series by Dimensions/Tootal Crafts British Collection. These kits are eBay purchases of mine - I've already completed two and have three more in waiting. The kits are old - from 1993 and the charts look hand drawn, some of the back stitch on this chart is really hard to see. Will be fun when I get round to doing that!

 Earlier in the week got to do some more work on Enchanting Pegasus, it's been a while since I updated this one so progress pictures are after about 3 months of not updating. Finally have the head and wings done, now for lots of larger chunks of colour in the body.